The Confidence building of communities is the most valuable asset of Aasthan Latif Welfare Society. Community Participation is our main key of success in all our development projects/activities/programs. This community participation & mobilization is achieved only after a long struggle and efforts of more than 25 years of advocacy & social mobilization & motivation of rural communities.
The agent of change must also know the socio-economic conditions, cultural norms and environments of the respondents. The total staff & personnel of ALWS are local and they know the cultural norms of the targeted area and environment. The ALWS’s personnel have the knowledge about the power relations and social stratification in the communities of the target areas. ALWS is not any outsider who just came to help & facilitates communities of rural masses of Sindh, without knowing their background, cultural norms and local environment. Apart from ALWS’s personnel and staff, it has also core of both trained and untrained volunteers in more than 1100 villages of targeted districts.
The success of all our community development projects and rights awareness & protection mainly depended on result-oriented communication, motivation, mobilization, strengthening & capacity building of communities at grass root level. This community based improvement of rural livelihood could only be done by communities themselves.
The different methods of effective communication & mobilization such as workshops, community meetings, film & slide shows, posters, pamphlets, banners, training of communities, education/social gatherings, education rallies, stage dramas, motivational campaigns, FM Radio Campaigns, etc. were applied for advocacy & community mobilization for education and rights protection & awareness.
As a result of our strong advocacy, social mobilization, motivation and campaigns in the rural communities of targeted districts, we successfully achieved some following major results in the districts of Thatta, Sujawal, Badin & Tando Mohd Khan of Sindh, Pakistan:
- Basic education to more than 20000 rural girls through our NFPE project and community girls primary education projects.
- Literacy skills to more than 6500 learners.
- More than 20,000 Children enrolled in Government Schools
- More than 8000 children benefited through our polio awareness campaign.
- More than 100,000 community members (both males & females) of more than 680 villages of districts Thatta, Tando Mohd Khan & Badin, SIndh, Pakistan aware about women’s fundamental constitutional rights, democracy, its advantages and need & importance of their vote.
- More than 10,000 community members about their children right of education.
- More than 3000 community members about their right to protection for disasters.
- First time in the history of SMCs in the district Thatta, more than 60 females inducted as SMC members in the Government formed 15 SMCs.